TALLINN CITY ROGAINE is a team orienteering competition in Tallinn. The aim of competing teams is to collect as many value points as possible visiting control points scattered on the competition terrain, using only maps and compass to navigate. Control points have different value, depending on their location and difficulty.
Time, place and program
Saturday, April 6th 2019
Event center in Tallinna Kunstigümnaasium (Kopli 102a) https://goo.gl/maps/WwntHVCmgPK2
16.30 Race office open
18.00 Distribution of maps
18.30 Start all competition classes
20.30 Finish Matkasport Supernova class
21.30 Finish all other classes
22.00 Prize giving
NB! This event is held in dusk and darkness – sun goes down 20.17 and twilight ends 21.00! Although city streets are illuminated, parts of competition terrain are not. We suggest you use headlamp to read the map and see where you’re stepping in darker places. There is a possibility to rent a limited amount of small headlamps from KIT Club! Fill the form: https://goo.gl/forms/H5Kj8UxJcQCBlg9Q2
Competition terrain is in Tallinn and covers North of Tallinn, Kopli.
Competition map is generalized orienteering map. Scale 1:15 000, contour interval 5m (except Supernova class, where scale is 1:10 000).
Out of record, we also allow solo members to start.
Personal reusable drinking cup (let’s be environmentally responsible)
SI-card fixed around the wrist (all team members must use closed wrist band to fix SI card to wrist for timing)
Competition classes and competition time
|MM||all male team||18:30||21:30|
|NN||all female team||18:30||21:30|
|MM45||all male team with members born on or before 1973||18:30||21:30|
|NN45||all female team with members born on or before 1973||18:30||21:30|
|MN45||co-ed team with members born on or before 1973||18:30||21:30|
|RATAS||regardless of sex and age, riding a bike allowed||18:30||21:30|
|MATKASPORT SUPERNOVA||newbies, youth, families etc. – easier map and controls||18:30||20:30|
|Registration date||Classes MM, NN, MN, MM45, NN45, MN45, RATAS (sum per each competitor)||Class MATKASPORT SUPERNOVA (per each competitor)|
|until 1.03.2019||15 €||10 years old and youngers are free of charge; 11-18 years old €5, adults €15|
|until 22.03.2019||18 €||10 years old and youngers are free of charge; 11-18 years old €6, adults €18|
|until 03.04.2019||21 €||10 years old and youngers are free of charge; 11-18 years old €7, adults €21|
|after and on race day||25 €||10 years old and youngers are free of charge; 11-18 years old €8, adults €25|
Participation fee includes taking part of the event, map, timing, wrist strap and food in finish. When registrating please pay the participation fee and SI-card rental fee:
Estonian Adventure Racing Team MTÜ: a/a EE822200221061459424 Swedbank (HABAEE2X, Swedbank AS, 8 Liivalaia Street, 15040 Tallinn, Estonia)..
If you want to support Estonian ACE Adventure Team 2019 season budget you can ad a sum of your preference to your participation fee.
In classes MM, NN, MN, RATAS & SUPERNOVA three best teams are awarded with prizes, in other classes winners get prizes. Supernova class will get draw prizes from KIT Club!
SportIdent (SI). SI Air+ functionality will be turned on, it means all partisipants who has SIAC need to have their SI-card 30-50cm from SI-station. You can rent SI-card from organisers. Fee 2.00 €.
As MM, MN, NN, MM45, MN45, NN45 and RATAS courses have over 30 CP, participants need SI Cards with at least 50 memory spots. That means SI-cards with numbers 1 – 499 999 and 2 000 000 – 2 999 999 are not suitable.
SUPERNOVA class has less than 30 CPs so can use any SI-card.
1. The aim of competing teams is to collect as many value points as possible visiting control points scattered on the competition terrain, using only map and compass to navigate and moving on foot.
2. Control points have different value, depending on their location and difficulty. 21…72 points and value is stated in the decimal number (31 – 3 points, 45 – 4 points etc.).
3. You can choose your own order and number of CPs.
4. Competition materials can be obtained from 16.30: numbers, plastic bags for map protection, wristbands for SI-cards — each member gets one.
5. Maps will be distributed from 18.00 in start area!
6. Visiting a CP is fixed by SI-punch. Competitors can use their own SI card or rent it from organisers.
9. To get points for visiting a CP, team members must punch in CP in a period of 60 seconds.
10. Finishing after deadline will result in points deduction: up to 1 minute late — 2 points, every full minute there after – 2 points. Finishing over 15 min after deadline will result in DNF.
11. A team’s score shall be the value of the checkpoints visited less penalties. The team with the greater score, or in the event of a tie, the team which finished earlier, shall be awarded the higher placing.
12. The team finish time is the latest time recorded by any team member at the finish.
13. Number bibs must be pinned on a visible place and must be worn during the whole competition (from start to finish) by all members of the team.
14. If one or more members of the team want to retire from the course, the whole team must return to the event centre and they are deemed to have finished.
15. Entering the out-of-bounds areas (marked with purple vertical stripes on the map), and also the yards of farmsteads and settlements (marked with blocks of solid olive green colouring) is prohibited!
All streets are open for traffic. Competitors are obliged to follow traffic laws (red lights etc) for safety!
Estonian Adventure Racing Team MTÜ
Main organiser: Timmo Tammemäe, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone +372 529 4233
Course setter: Silver Eensaar