>> RESULTS <<
TALLINN CITY ROGAINE is a team orienteering competition in Tallinn. The aim of competing teams is to collect as many value points as possible visiting control points scattered on the competition terrain, using only maps and compass to navigate. Control points have different value, depending on their location and difficulty.
Time, place and program
April 15, 2023
Event center in Tallinn, Linnahall / Cruise terminal harbour area https://goo.gl/maps/2E1RASpEBnfVcGdd6
15:30 Race office open
16:30 Distribution of maps
17:00 Start all competition classes
19:00 Finish Matkasport Supernova class
20:00 Finish all other classes
Prize giving asap
Tasuta parkla – free parking, Tasuline parkla – paid parking, Keskus – race center
Competition terrain is in central Tallinn, Linnahall.
Competition map is generalized orienteering map. Scale 1:15 000, contour interval 5m (except Matkasport Supernova class, where scale is 1:10 000).
2–5-member teams. Outside the prize draw, we also allow solo members to start.
Bike class is in solo or up to 3 member teams.
Personal reusable drinking cup (let’s be environmentally responsible)
Number bib and SI-card fixed around the wrist (all team members must use closed wrist band to fix SI card to wrist for timing)
Competition classes and competition time
|MM||all male team||17:00||20:00|
|NN||all female team||17:00||20:00|
|MM45||male, age at least 45 on December 31 of the calendar year||17:00||20:00|
|NN45||female, age at least 45 on December 31 of the calendar year||17:00||20:00|
|MN45||mixed team, age at least 45 on December 31 of the calendar year||17:00||20:00|
|RATAS||regardless of sex and age, riding a bike allowed||17:00||20:00|
|MATKASPORT SUPERNOVA||newbies, youth, families etc. – easier map and controls||17:00||19:00|
|Registration date||Classes MM, NN, MN, MM45, NN45, MN45, RATAS (sum per each competitor)||Class MATKASPORT SUPERNOVA (per each competitor)|
|until 01.04.2022||20 €||10 years old and youngers are free of charge; 11-18 years old €5, adults €20|
|until 12.04.2022||22 €||10 years old and youngers are free of charge; 11-18 years old €7, adults €22|
|From 13.04 and on race day||25 €||10 years old and youngers are free of charge; 11-18 years old €8, adults €25|
Participation is free for all Ukrainian citizens to apply for support for war refugees. Use promotional code “Ukraine”
Participation fee includes taking part of the event, map, timing, wrist strap and food in finish. When registrating please pay the participation fee and SI-card rental fee:
Estonian Adventure Racing Team MTÜ: a/a EE822200221061459424 Swedbank (HABAEE2X, Swedbank AS, 8 Liivalaia Street, 15040 Tallinn, Estonia)..
By participating you are supporting Estonian ACE Adventure Team 2023 season budget.
In classes MM, NN, MN best teams are awarded with prizes, in other classes winners get prizes. Supernova class will get draw prizes from our partners!
SportIdent (SI). SI Air+ functionality will be turned on, it means all partisipants who has SIAC need to have their SI-card 30-50cm from SI-station to mark visiting. You can rent SI-card from organisers. Fee 2.00 €.
As MM, MN, NN, MM45, MN45, NN45 and RATAS courses have many CPs, participants need SI Cards with at least 50 memory spots. That means SI-cards with numbers 1 – 499 999 and 2 000 000 – 2 999 999 are not suitable.
SUPERNOVA class has less than 30 CPs so can use any SI-card.
1. The aim of competing teams is to collect as many value points as possible visiting control points scattered on the competition terrain, using only map and compass to navigate and moving on foot.
2. To add an adventurous element 10 control points are not marked by circles on map, but must be found by photo/text clues shown on side of race map!
3. It is allowed to use Tallinn official public transport (busses, trams, trolley busses while on course. Ticket is users own responsibility. Use of taxis, electric scooters etc. is not allowed.
4. Control points have different value, depending on their location and difficulty. 31…100 points and value is stated in the decimal number (31 – 3 points, 45 – 4 points etc.).
5. You can choose your own order and number of CPs.
6. Competition materials can be obtained from 15.30: numbers, plastic bags for map protection, wristbands for SI-cards — each member gets one.
7. Maps will be distributed from 16:30 in start area!
8. Visiting a CP is fixed by SI-punch. Competitors can use their own SI card or rent it from organisers.
9. To get points for visiting a CP, team members must punch in CP in a period of 60 seconds.
10. Finishing after deadline will result in points deduction: up to 1 minute late: -2 points, every full minute there after -2 points. Finishing over 15 min after deadline will result in DNF.
11. A team’s score shall be the value of the checkpoints visited less penalties. The team with the greater score, or in the event of a tie, the team which finished earlier, shall be awarded the higher placing.
12. The team finish time is the latest time recorded by any team member at the finish.
13. Number bibs must be pinned on a visible place and must be worn during the whole competition (from start to finish) by all members of the team.
14. If one or more members of the team want to retire from the course, the whole team must return to the event centre and they are deemed to have finished.
15. Entering the out-of-bounds areas (marked with purple vertical stripes on the map), and also the yards of farmsteads and settlements (marked with blocks of solid olive green colouring) is prohibited!
All streets are open for traffic. Competitors are obliged to follow traffic laws (red lights etc) for safety!
Estonian Adventure Racing Team MTÜ
Main organiser: Timmo Tammemäe, email@example.com, Phone +372 529 4233
Course setter: Silver and Rain Eensaar